Asphalt is an ideal material for construction of pavement driveways, roads, streets, highways, parking lots, airports and sidewalks.
What are some of the benefits of Asphalt?
- Environmentally-friendly, Eco-friendly, Earth-friendly, Mother Nature-friendly.
- Rough terrain and surfaces require vehicles to use more fuel. More fuel = bad for environment.
- Smoother surfaces (hello to the Asphalt Black-Top) means vehicles travelling over it will use less fuel.
- Less fuel use means lower emissions from vehicles. Reducing emissions means reducing greenhouse gas production.
- So what? Reducing greenhouse gases means causing less negative impact to Our Global Climate. Yes please and more of that, thank you.
- That’s it? Wait, there’s more. Asphalt pavements require less energy (about half the energy to produce other pavements) and has a smaller footprint. Thank you sir/madam, may I have another?
- Still not convinced? Guess who’s the leading recycler in America? The asphalt industry!
- Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement is what’s reused so that Reduce/Reuse/Recycle strategy is practiced here.
- Asphalt is sustainable, helps us all live better lives and helps our planet.
- Live better lives? What am I talking about?
- If saving our planet wasn’t enough, how about how asphalt helps us a little closer to home?
- Smoother surfaces with asphalt for roads means vehicle’s tires are not under constant stress (think about the driver too) from navigating through pothole city and reduces car accidents & crashes.
- Imagine sending your kids on their bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters and feet on rough surfaces? I think it’s dangerous and significantly increase risk of bodily harm.
- How about roads that get beat up and needs maintenance and repairs all the time? Guess what happens to all of the cars? TRAFFIC.
- Traffic is terrible enough with all driving lanes available. When roads need to be closed off for repair, the traffic that follows because of road bottlenecks and congestion is a time waster, money waster, health waster (road rage traffic stress can’t be good for you…right?) and helps destroys the environment. And that’s not a good way to live.
- Lowering emissions from fuel saving and traffic reducing benefits of asphalt material for constructing pavements means cleaner air. The air you and I and all of us breathe. Without cleaner air, this will harm our bodies today and in the future.
- Asphalt plants also produce low emissions and is not a major source of production of hazardous air pollutants.
- Maybe if we all could fly, float or get beamed around by Scotty (for those that don’t know, you can search for “Beam me up, Scotty”) then maybe there wouldn’t be a need for roads and cars and other vehicles and the production ecosystems that bring these advancements into our world.
- And if were all flying around in cleaner air and a cooler climate then maybe the only air pollutant and emissions we would need to be concerned with are the ones from our rear ends.
I think Asphalt is a great choice as it’s cost-effective and provides so many benefits that people might not realize. Choose this material today and we can have a better tomorrow.